Friday, August 1, 2008

Ha, I'm U-T-A first!!!!!!!

1) Who am I?
I am Rosalind disguised as Ganymede. I am very proud of my wit and I love making jokes, but not being the butt of them. I am in love with Orlando, but because of my cautious nature, I like being able to make him prove himself. I love my cousin, but she keeps giving me grief whenever I show the slightest hint of being in love.
2) What time is it?
It is nearly 2:00 PM on a summer Tuesday. The sun is very brilliant right now and is slowly becoming less than too hot.
3) Where am I?
I am on my porch in the shade of many trees in the Forest of Arden. The house is made out of chestnut logs. This is one of the most pleasant spots I have ever stayed in, even if it is rather quaint. I find the whole shepharding lifestyle rather humorous, and though I would not have said so when we first came here, I could get used to this. I live with my best friend in a house all our own with servants to do all the real work for us while we can do as we please.
4) What surrounds me?
There are many comfortable chairs on the porch and the edibles from . My closest friend, my cousin Celia, is very near me. She sort of watches on as I interact with Orlando, but I’m well aware of her presence. Sunshine and the shadows of leaves surround me and give the place a rather sleepy look. Orlando is directly in my attention all the time and right now, I am toying with him and he is fully in my control.
5) What is my relationship?
I’m coming to like this house more and more. Now that I know that Orlando loves me too, I am hopelessly in love, but I also grow more jealous each and every day. Celia has been making fun of me more and more lately. I know she’s right, but I still try not to show her she’s right.
6) What are the given circumstances?
Orlando was over an hour late and I was worried sick. While I was waiting, that annoying and Jacques kept talking to me about depressing things. I would much rather have taken a nap while waiting for Orlando, so now I am rather ticked off, if you will, at everyone, especially Orlando. I do realize I am being a little unreasonable, though, and I like him so much, I would rather teach him how to marry me.
7) What do I want?
In the giant scheme of things, I want to go ahead and let Orlando get used to all the annoying things about me so we can be happy for the rest of our lives. Right now, a great step would be for him to SHOW UP.
8) What are my obstacles?
Orlando is very very late and my next lesson plan is waiting for him. This makes me angry and might make him not like me.
9) How do I get what I want?
I will remind Orlando constantly that if he is ever late again, the "real" Rosalind will think very little of him.
10) How will I know when I’ve got it?
When Orlando shows up at our next appointed meeting ON TIME.

Today was pretty pretty sweet. Jerome Davis was our speaker and taught us all about U-T-A Uta Hagen!!!!!!!!! I've always found it pretty cool how the more you elaborate in your answers to the questions the more they kind of blend together until it basically becomes an outline of your character's autobiography.
We ran through the whole thing memorized (more or less) and semi-costumed. Ok, the second half DEFINITELY needs some work on my part.... wowweewow. It was nice actually seeing what I need to focus on, though.
Hopefully I'll be able to come to teching tomorrow- see you if you come!!!!
Happy Friday,
Suzanna Ziko

No comments: