Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ooooklahoma. . . .

So yeah, um today was musical theater day, and I was actually pretty surprised that we weren't expected to sing. It felt like it was much more about auditions and whatnot than musical theater itself. What was really interesting for me, since I'd seen a couple of the plays from which we took scenes, was to see the differences in how I saw it, and how it was done today. For example, Meg played Annie from Oklahoma waaaay differently from how Katie did it, but it still worked.

And then we got to work polishing. I really need to work on the whole volume thing. Which is weird for me, since usually people are telling me to talk softer (or to just stop talking all together). I guess it all comes down to how well I know it. I mean, I know my lines, and I know I know my lines, but sometimes I still feel like I might slip up, or not know them, which in turn makes me quiter, in the hopes that no one will notice. Which is bad. As we discussed previously, when in doubt, make it louder!!!

I'm really looking forward towards getting to experiment with Audrey. I like the way I'm playing it now, bt I also really enjoy playing with the behavior of my character, and I really want to try doing it like Meg from Brigadoon (not from here). Not sure just how many people would get the reference, but I know what I mean, so I suppose that's what counts. Though, if Hedda Gabbler was any indication, I totally suck at being flirtatious. Something about not really looking at my scene partner. . .

So yeah. It's late. I'm tired. I just had an awesome Avatar watching extravaganza, which I greatly enjoyed, but has left me rather drained. So yeah. Night!!!

- - Cat (O'Connor) O'Grady

No comments: