Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The confessions of a mangled mongoose

Today we did some scene work in the morning that was really refreshing for me. I really loved the mini inner monologues exercise where the actors voiced their characters inner thoughts before speaking their lines. I played(with script in hand) the part of Ann in a scene from Arthur Miller's All My Sons. This proved to be very invigorating because I really began to connect with the character of Ann and it just felt...good. I don't know any other way to explain it. I do know that I probably could have used the 'tree' more, but I think it went pretty well for a fairly cold reading.
Rehearsal today was fun and I absolutely adore the blocking of the Phebe, Silvius, Rosalind and Orlando scene. I must work on my cross step though! :)

-Anna

No comments: