Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day Two... and One.

So, I'm basically an awful person, because I straight up forgot about the journaling thing yesterday.
As Ian so often says, you can punch me in the arm.
Day One was fantastic, as all of you have already made clear. I feel like everyone has really unique talents and when we combine them, we're going to defy summer theatre conservatory history. Probably my favorite exercise was the phone number gesture thing. We all looked hilarious, and Ian was correct, we all did start creating storylines in our heads. I've learned more than I ever have in any theatre class I've taken over the past two days, there is such a wonderful, open atmosphere, and all of our contributions seem to be very important. I definitely had issues with the read through, I'm still trying to find a cynical and sarcastic voice that would be appropriate for Jaques.

Day Two was also incredible, SHOUT OUT TO MEG: Thanks for driving me to the bus station! I am forever grateful, you saved me from the sweltering heat and buckets of sweat that no doubt would've drenched my shirt.
I loved all of our tongue twisters today! Although I don't think coffee will ever be the same for me. Also, our poetry circle of a vast array of illnesses was great. I felt like lunch was actually a lot more comfortable, haha. I'm glad we've all seemed to settle in with one another. And I felt like the read through improved a lot after yesterday, probably due to how much we focused on playing with words and the way one speaks during class. I'm still having issues with line delivery, but hopefully things will become more clear as we begin working the scenes. I loved our discussion after the read through about costumes and things like that. I'm so excited to see how everything turns out! Props to Cat for her creative ideas and willingness to donate items. YAY!
I thinks that covers everything.

So to close this entirely too long piece of reflection, all I'll say is that even as I sit here munching on delicious strawberry cheesecake ice cream and being thoroughly educated on the benefits of broccili by the always entertaining Good Eats tv program, all I can think about is tomorrow and the lovely adventures on which we will embark. I can't wait to see what everyone brings in for their text!

<3
Madison

No comments: