Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 2

G'day everyone!
I NEARLY forgot to blog, but I just remembered so here I am! Exclamation points are awesome!
Today we did many vocal exercises from filling the room with sound to drilling a hole through a wall with our mighty diaphram-controlled oo's and z's. It was all good fun except no matter how hard I tried I couldn't put a hole through that annoyingly maroon wall. I know I really shouldn't put a hole in the wall of a perfectly nice theatre, but that wall was provoking me with its not quite red and sometimes splotchy exterior. I now have a strange urge to curse at it in French...(despite the fact that I don't know any French curse words <.<).
Anyway, getting back on track, I really enjoyed the breathing exercises on the floor because those kinds of things always help me relax and take deeper breaths(which is their purpose after all). The last exercises that we did involving one actor giving a speech while the other actors either encircle him/her or stand in front of him/her in a line and retreat/approach the actor depending on the feelings the actor expresses through his/her speech were really exciting because I remembered them from when Ian came to my school(I think it was last year...). I remember that I didn't come into the workshop thingy until later so I didn't have a text prepared so I used one of Puck's monologues because I had it memorized. I remember that in the encircling activity it was really fun to glare at people so they would back away. I was especially successful in this endeavor when I glared and projected the text at the same time towards one person. :)
Going on to the second half of the day, I loved discussing costumes. I actually came across this pink ribbon belt that might be good for Audrey if she's going to be preppy. I can't wait until Friday! Now I'm off to pick my text for tomorrow! Toodles!

-Anna

No comments: