Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I was THIS close to forgetting to post

today was a productive one, and the guest teacher of the day reminded me of my own director back home, many of the same concepts, and they liked the same authors...

anyhow, we learned a lot about subtext and the story behind the story, and I swear by the end of these three weeks I will have more analogies and metaphors for what acting is than you could sink a ship with... and I shall unload them upon all my drama friends when I get home

rehearsal was a little dissapointing in a personal sense, silvius is becoming too much of a coward weakling for me to really even enjoy him anymore(despite his costume and his being a guitarist, which are admittedly awesome), but alas, some characters are just like that I suppose, and someone had to play him, right? in a non-selfish point of view though I'm very excited with how things are going and I can't wait to see how well it turns out.

I'm glad to have all these guest teachers, theyve really been opening up all these different ways to look at things, and its nice to be surrounded by so much experiance. it also helped me think more about...well, thinking as I admittedly am one of those actors who goes into machine mode, and says "add this reaction here, say that line now, now I should be this" and with every play I've ever done its been a hard process to rip myself from the machine, but I've always been able to do it in time, and I can already feel it happening as we rehearsed today, so I'm confident I'll be nice and alive for the show.

after rehearsal reba and I got some good work done on the songs, so worry not kayla, we shall have lyrics for you soon! (no thanks to fin-dawg of course (I say that with love and you know it!), and many thanks to anna for bring in hey, nonny nonny for me)

let's see, last thoughts? I had something I wanted to make my title today but I have conviniently forgotten what that was... oh yea, skank... oh well

also, madison, I very much hope you're enjoying you're concert, you have no Idea how much I wish I could see it... random thought, but a counting crows song just came on my computer and made me think of it, lol

TTFN,
Michael

No comments: