Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pop a Squat

ahhh, improv. Always say "yes, and" and keep the scene alive. But yesterday we learned it requires so much more especially in terms of spacing. Improv requires the audience to know where you are for it to be funny. We learned from Greg how to "Air paint" to create a concrete and known space. I found the "enthusiasm" exercise really amusing even though everything other than the shouting part is really boring. It's true though, enthusiasm is energy. Anna made me laugh even more in the party scene because she was always hugging me and I didn't get that she was in love with me at first and when I DID, it was even funnier cuz Anna, you are just so cute when you're in love!!!! Reba's repeptition made both of her mental people ("can I getcho numbah?" and the drummer) so funny I almost peed my pants laughing.

And then we blocked the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Now onto today...

So, this morning we began with our guest speaker on musical theater (Like Kayla, I'm so bad with these people's names!!) I really appreciated how she pointed out using specific verbs to direct your character. I'd used this technique for Shakespeare before, but never really thought about using it for musical theater, but I definitely will now!!! And peeling the floor was fun.... :-)
Ok, g2g memorize now... see yas tomorruhs!!!
Suzanna Ziko

No comments: