Tuesday, July 29, 2008

oh, blog.

Holla back my KKC!!
& other shakespeare folk

I very much liked the guy that came and spoke today. What was his name? It started with a J, didn't it? I wish I had remembered because I thought he was pretty great. Something about his personality made me really want to listen to what he was saying. He was friendly, open, and sounded sure of what he was talking about. Also he got up there and did some acting for us which I really admired. I think it made people (at least me!) feel more comfortable in going up there themselves.

I'm starting to become more aware of something as more guest speakers come in and that's my own fakeness. I feel like I'm just saying lines how I think the lines should sound and not taking the time to really disect the line and understand what's really going on. It's definitely something I want to work on so I'm glad this phonyness has been called to my attention.

And of course, blocking is blocking..
I don't like blocking.
It's not fun.
I'm very very much looking forward to when we all have our lines memorized, and we can start to polish!!

I'm really beginning to grow attached to you guys. I think I may have said this before, but I'm going to say it again because I really believe in it. All of us have such different personalities, but when we're all in that space we all click and we are able to laugh and joke with each other.
I love it. I love it. I love it.

Oh! and I officially have a new favorite phrase:
the tables have turned ...WITH A VENGENCE!
Ahhh!! I love it :)


peace, love, and KKC

+ Jackie

No comments: