Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 3

So, seeing how it is quite late and I am in a state of drunken weariness with a hint of chocolate cake, I fear that this post may not be one of my best. However, I shall strive to succeed in posting something somewhat comprehensible.
Today we looked at Shakespeare, the man; Elizabeth, the time; and modern English
(with our dear Willy's little twists), the language. After 5 years of Shakespeare camp and enthusiastic perusal of my somewhat vast Shakespearean library, I have mostly come to terms with the Bard's version of modern English. However, when it comes to Shakespeare, there's always some little twist and turn that you never notice until it's waved under your nose; in this case some little things called mismatched words and irregular rhythm. I must express my thanks to my homey I-Dizzle Fin-Dog, whose greatness surpasses that of all the cunning leprechauns who fandoogled their way passed those discriminatory 'you must be this tall to ride' signs at amusement parks, for his enlightening jewels of wisdom.
I would also like to use my upper chest resonator to thank the academy(also known as Ian Finley) for coming up with the most amazing blocking and casting this show so wonderfully. I seriously think that everyone fits their part or parts beautifully. Also, I would like to give a shout out to Leo for his lovely innocence and modesty in regards to Michael's minute costume malfunction. That was hilarious.
Now, on a more somber note, I must work on my old lady. If anyone has any tips on being old, please pass them on!

Since I know parting is such sweet sorrow:
To sleep I go to awake tomorrow.

-Anna

No comments: