Wednesday, July 23, 2008

peanut butter BLOGGING time.

HOLLAAAAAA.

Today was wonderfully long and enriching. I feel thoroughly educated in all things Shakespeare, as I didn't know very much before hand. I absolutely adored dissecting Ophelia's monologue, it was so helpful to look at the text from so many angles and consider what the small details might symbolize. I also really like the idea of emotion being built into the words. It's a brilliant concept, and let's face it, Shakespeare was a marginally brilliant guy.

Jackie's text was amazing today, and each and everyone of you talented people should be jealous she wasn't your partner for the exercise. She rockedddd. And Kayla was particularly evil in rehearsals, and Susanna pulled off her awkward, romantic scene with Orlando beautifully.

I'm really pleased that Ian is allowing us all some time Assistant Directing, I think it really helps all of us as actors to see what our peers, and therefore probably ourselves, can improve upon. And the staging of this play is sooooo refreshing! I love the thrust staging coupled with the use of the balconies, and that tableau we worked on today was simply gorgeous. That question game was fierce! Leo, Micheal and Anna are ruthless interrogators, the American government should look into employing them.

I think that pretty much everything, so here's a quick public thank you to Meg for the second ride to the station, so I didn't have to wait around in the rain. ALL PRAISE THE GREAT AND WORTHY MEGGGGG.

And a quick question: does anyone have a crimping iron?
<333
Madison

No comments: