Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hullo to one and all!

Today we speant much time discussing and analyzing Shakespeare, which was really neat. I especially enjoyed reading Ophelia's little monolouge, since I had never really thought about it in such away, finding the little things that didn't quite fit, and seeing that as the foreshadowing to her madness, which at that point was only small and brief slips in her sanity. Tragically, this draws my mind to other, seemingly unrelated topics, in this case the Avatar season finale, and Azula's slow decent into insanity, which at first is a very small thing, than gradually growing more irrational (causing the 'hang on a second. . . ' feeling) and finally the conclusion, the 'this person has totally lost it' realization. And I am yet again forced to lament the fact that seemingly everything in my life will eventually lead me back to anime.

Then we actually got on our feet with blocking, which I had never experienced from that side before. There's absolutely no comparison in the difference it made to see it, rather than merely hearing it, which is, of course, no surprise. Especially the meeting/conversation of Rosalind and Orlando. That pretty much made my week (and it's only Wednesday) This can only be rivaled by the time a season veteran in the Techie ways thought it a wise idea to use a rolling chair as a latter. This, naturally, did not end well.

And then we concluded with the best. game. EVER. aka- the Question Game. In which, we rapidly bombard one another with questions, and I do use the bombard, because towards the end it became a virtual death match to which there appeared to be no end. The sheer intensity of the game was remenicient of the Spanish Inquisition. In short, a great time was had by all.

And now I must depart in order to once again scour the attic for the fabric that I'm quite certain had remained hidden in a box for the last 6 moves. If this night is anything like last night, I'll find a whole bunch of useless crap that I barely even remembered the first time, and have suddenly realized I can no longer live without.

Wish me luck.

- - Cat (=^.^=)

No comments: