Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Konichiwa!!

Sooooo, about today. . .

We did script readings, which I love!! I really liked watching the different versions of the same scene, and how much it changed with the actors interpretation. I thought what we learned about subtext was really interesting, because I never really thought about it that way before.

All though, I must say, I don't think that Audrey really thinks enough to have any deeper meanings behind her words, and Le Beau doesn't really have any conversations, just brief amounts of time where she bestows her great knowledge on everyone else, and then it's only simple facts. Still, such a thing would have helped a lot during, say, Hedda Gabbler.

During lunch, I did not join the KKC, but remained peacefully back at the studio, and stayed perfectly content with my own lunch and company, thank you very much. And, as an added bonus, I got to go to heaven for it. Although, as Ian pointed out, that does come behind donuts, balloons and fun hats. However, I remain content with my decision. So there.

As for the afternoon, we came very close to finishing, which is quite exciting!! The more we block, the more Audrey reminds me of an overenthusiastic puppy with (limited) speech capabilities. Which I suppose is the point. A spaniel, I believe is the intended image, which is the rather strong impression I'm getting.

And now I'm going to go, because I'm tired and don't want to sleep through my alarm. Night!!

- - Cat (O'Connor)-O'Grady (as is apparently my name)

No comments: