Monday, July 21, 2008

Day 1

Hello all!
After poking my internets with a stick I have discovered how to start posting on this oh so intriguing forum thingy. Before talking about what happened today, I'd like to ask a question that I didn't think about earlier and that I fear I'll forget by tomorrow! In regards to the songs, are we going to be doing them in a modern way or in a Shakespearean way? I was just thinking about that because I think it would be awesome if someone broke out an electric guitar and did a rock n' roll version(or some kind of folk/country version since they're in the wacky/back-to-basics forest).
Now to today's exercises! I thought the mirror exercise was really cool because, unlike my previous experiences with it, the mirror had a character. I must say that Ian's broken mirror is pretty convincing. I also enjoyed the exercise where people had to reposition the chairs, folder and pamphlet to make each of them the most powerful object in turn. I think that the idea that unexpected things draw the most attention really made sense and I had never really thought about it that much before. I also think that the bright blue folder was so gorgeously unique that it just couldn't help but stand out. I mean, how many fluorescent blue folders do you come across these days? I guess that's another thing that made it and the director's chair stand out. Most people just don't see things like that every day.

-Anna

No comments: